Saturday, January 3, 2009

Arrived at Fort Jackson

I left this morning at 0730 hours for Columbia SC. It was a full day. Just about twelve hours through mist, rain, and fog. I have never driven threw the Smokey Mountains. I enjoyed it. It took me approximately twelve hours, but I am here. I am staying in a dormitory like building called Kennedy Hall. The room is similar to a hotel room with kitchenette between rooms that are shared. I will have a private room, surprisingly. Not quite what I expected, but a pleasant finding.

I found out that they even have a continental breakfast in the mornings at 0600-0900. Did not expect that either. Of course several mornings we start well before 0600.

We start at 2PM tomorrow officially. I will find where the chapel is and attend tomorrow morning.

I appreciate all your prayers and thoughts. I will try to blog every day so you can know my survival rate.

Have a good day of worship tomorrow and Until tomorrow night, God Bless,

Bro. Steve

1 comment:

  1. I hope all is going well for you & you have had a great first day! - Shelly File

    ReplyDelete