Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day One- Start

I got up this morning and got around. I'm am still not used to being without hair. I shaved it again last night to make sure it was regulation.

I met up with about ten other chaplain's for Bible Study and breakfast this morning. We all are bald headed. Well, we had Bible Study and just shared about who we were and how God brought us to this point in our ministry. It was interesting. I'm not the oldest. One guy is 46 years old and several my age or a year more. All concerned about the P.T. testing. There was no breakfast this morning out, so I'm glad a packed some oatmeal and brought some juice and coffee.

Over all a good start to the morning. We will start sessions this afternoon at 1345 hours. Most are staying in Dozzier hall, which is near the school. I am about a mile and half from there so I have to drive over. I have not met anyone staying in Kennedy Hall where I am, yet.

This afternoon went well. There are 85 in my class. Twenty five will be leaving when I do after the Initial training. I've met guys and gals from all over our nation that feel the same call that I have felt. We all have the same apprehensions about passing the P.T. test on Friday.

I'm glad I have a microwave and small fridge, because eating is mostly on me. It looks like a lot of PBJ sandwiches for me. I went to the Commissary (grocery store) and bought a few things in order to eat. They are feeding us once in a while, but this week is mostly on our own; snack foods and fruit for me. There will be a rare provided lunch and time will be scarce to cook anything.

Well I better sign off for tonight. Tomorrow holds more in processing and uniform purchasing.

Bro. Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment