Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day Six: Saturday, More Drill and Intoduction to Marching

I got up this morning about 4:44 a.m. and got together with a few guys from my platoon. We did some exercises and ran about a mile.

I had to go to a medical clinic this morning to try to get a medical profile on my wrist so I could wear a brace on my wrist for physical training. They gave me a temporary profile and took me off of push ups.

They want me to go to occupational therapy to get a permanent profile. I will have to get that done sometime before I leave.

I worked last night on my facing movements and was doing be much better this morning. We assembled our kevlar helmets and worked on marching for about four hours.

We got the late afternoon off, so I went out with my battle buddy, Randy Croel, from Wisconsin. We have a lot in common and have developed a great relationship.

Tomorrow we will attend three services on base. We re required to attend nine services and do reflection papers on each one prior to finishing the course.
We will have formation at 1430 tommorrow afternoon. They told us to wear p.t. clothes.

Here we go!

Well I am going to get ready for bed, Take care all!

Steve Bareis

1 comment:

  1. Steve, thanks for your blog! I will share your week with my SS class and you will be in our prayers. Glad you are not the oldest!
    Fran

    ReplyDelete